Vote for the Bluies 2016 Shirt

Lost and found, organise meetings, etc

Bluies Shirt 2016. What shirt do you want?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Suran's "Ralph on a Unicorn"
5%
Joseph's "Climbing Jargon"
5%
Adam's "Nipple Rings"
10%
Brendan's "Ohana"
10%
Adam's "Green is the new Bluies"
No votes
Carl's "Get out your tape"
19%
Joseph and Lukas' "Send train, stopping all stations"
52%

Total votes : 21
Joe Law

Vote for the Bluies 2016 Shirt

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Let the voting begin

Suran's "Ralph on a Unicorn"

Joseph's "Climbing Jargon"

Adam's "Nipple Rings"

Brendan's "Ohana"

Adam's "Green is the new Bluies"

Carl's "Get out your tape"

Joseph and Lukas' "Send train, stopping all stations"

Close up of the bluies crag metro map

Siah

Re: Vote for the Bluies 2016 Shirt

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:48 pm

I like the thought behind the send train idea but I feel as though it needs some refinements before I'd want it on a shirt. These are suggestions not criticisms.

- The rail map needs to at least slightly resemble the layout of the blue mountains area.
- The text for crags needs to be bigger, it would be very hard to read at this size.

I think the best way to make both these suggestions possible is to only put common/popular crags on the shirt. I know that wouldn't be technically :"stopping at all stations then". However, many of the crags currently portrayed are rarely visited by the club and are not easily identifiable by someone reading the shirt.

In summary, less information, more accurate mapping, and bigger text.
Offering blood sacrifices to the rock gods since 2014

Brencoulter

Re: Vote for the Bluies 2016 Shirt

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Siah wrote:I like the thought behind the send train idea but I feel as though it needs some refinements before I'd want it on a shirt. These are suggestions not criticisms.

- The rail map needs to at least slightly resemble the layout of the blue mountains area.
- The text for crags needs to be bigger, it would be very hard to read at this size.

I think the best way to make both these suggestions possible is to only put common/popular crags on the shirt. I know that wouldn't be technically :"stopping at all stations then". However, many of the crags currently portrayed are rarely visited by the club and are not easily identifiable by someone reading the shirt.

In summary, less information, more accurate mapping, and bigger text.

I hadn't even noticed the inaccuracies! However, people don't need to be able to read it all from a distance, but it does need to be legible if people come in close to read it
QUT cliffhangers: Where you trust your life with someone you just met 15 minutes ago

Return to Club Business