Stubby Cooler Design Competition

Lost and found, organise meetings, etc
mdaws6

Stubby Cooler Design Competition

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Calling all semi creative drinkers and/or semi drunk creators!

As an additional thing this year, the club will be running a stubby cooler design comp. This competition will be running in a similar fashion to the shirt design comp, however obviously the scale ideas will be a bit more focused on our other favourite pastime (DRINKING!!).

The website we will be ordering from is Tropical Coolers which is a local company that will print custom designs. You can check out their website here: http://www.tropicalcoolers.com.au/beer-compass.html

we will be using a single colour printing screen print so roughly the same style as most of our shirt designs so no going crazy with colours. additional details as copy pasted from their website are:

38 Neoprene colors available and these can be mixed within the order.
Ink colour can be mixed to closely match corporate/logo colors.
Art size maximum 190 x 90 mm
Plenty of room, for a ‘two sided/front and back’ print. I suggest two 90 x 90 mm art blocks, with a 10 mm gap between. 85 to 90 mm is the visible width of a cooler ‘face’ — so no need to rotate the cooler, to read a message/logo, if kept to this size
Colour chart: http://www.tropicalcoolers.com.au/colours.html#5mm
Single Colour Print Screen: http://www.tropicalcoolers.com.au/print ... tml#single

For the best print result, computer files need to be at least 300 dpi (dots per inch — a measure of print resolution). Starting with a low-resolution file and simply boosting the resolution to 300 dpi will not work — it simply results in a bigger file size and loss of quality.
Most file types are supported, however vector based, PC format art is preferred and will give the best print results. Corel Draw (version 11 or lower), Adobe Illustrator (CS or lower), Freehand (MX or lower) are ideal, and tend to be programs used in the creation of logos, brands and club emblems. Vector based art — with the colours assigned in Pantone™ spot colour layers— is particularly necessary for plastisol transfer printing. Please ensure the fonts within your art are converted to curves or paths.
Pixel based art (e.g. those with file extensions of .jpg, .tif, .bmp, .psd, .gif) are nowhere near as good as vector based art. These formats are OK for dye sublimation, or where colour separations are not required. For single colour screen print, single colour files in these formats, at least 300 dpi, the exact size to be printed will generally work.
Please avoid ‘mixed’ file types. E.g. dropping a pixel-based file, into a vector-based file will not result in it converting to a vector file. However, mixed format art is fine for dye sublimation printing.
Please avoid sending art in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word and Excel). It’s quite common when using these programs for the image and fonts you create on your computer to open and format differently on another computer. Equally, any art dropped in to a Microsoft Office program has its resolution automatically dropped to 72 dpi — we need 300 dpi art for the best print results.
Be careful not to infringe anyone’s copyright when sending art.

This means that we can do a variety of material base colours but only one ink colour per print so keep this in mind when making the design. If you need any inspiration for designs, have a drink and think of what designs you'd like to show off your love for drinking and climbing.

An EPS template will be emailed out and can be sent directly as requested, however the file type is not supported for upload on the forum.

Competition entry will close on Friday the 21st of April to give you all plenty of time and an Easter Brooyar to bounce ideas.

TJ

Re: Stubby Cooler Design Competition

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Let's get this comp going.

navy QCRC logo stubby cooler-01.png
navy QCRC logo stubby cooler-01.png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 210 times

navy QCRC logo stubby cooler-03.png
navy QCRC logo stubby cooler-03.png (53.85 KiB) Viewed 181 times

Brencoulter

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Again because I have no design skills, I'll need someone to make it up for me:

"Drinking club with a climbing problem"

or

"BEER!!!

Now that we have your attention... beer"

Potentially swap out one of the "beer"s with "climbing"
QUT cliffhangers: Where you trust your life with someone you just met 15 minutes ago

A4

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:24 pm

I feel like ALL logos should have the drinking climber... Thoughts?

Are the fonts too much or just right? Will also add the year if selected.

Thanks Brendan for the suggested slogan. Will add "QUT Cliffhangers" and year to this one, like the next one.

Our favourite saying naturally lends itself to the fine partnership that is climbing and beer:

Matt's/Jess's GoT reference:

Nudity, what could be better?:

PS. If one of my designs wins, I will probably do a little more work on that one to production-ready it. Eg. just noticed that naked guy's hair is a bit high behind his head... Will fix that.

Shauny Shaun

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Forget the fonts for a second - does the climber know his rope has been cut?

mdaws6

Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:06 pm

The competition has been extended until the 31st of April, this is to give us all some more time to design more awesome stubby coolers.
additional ideas from me
"Pub?" one side
"Pub!" other side
"I drink and I climb things" with Adams beer drinking club logo

Return to Club Business