KP Hauling Competition - Wednesday 13th July

Check here to find out about and sign up for awesome climbing trips
Brencoulter

KP Hauling Competition - Wednesday 13th July

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:50 pm

It's time for another bit of friendly competition at KP, this time in the form of a hauling contest.

How does it work?
You will form teams of 3, with the goal of dragging the other team to your anchor, before they haul you to theirs.

Both teams begin rigging their haul at the same time, and once the first team is ready to go, the other team has 60 seconds to finish before hauling begins.

2 people from a team will act as the dead weight, which the other team needs to haul. They will pull, dig their heels in, and strain with all their might to stop the other team from dragging them face first along the ground.

The third team member will be hauling the two from the other team. Only one person is permitted to do the hauling, the other two are only as dead weight.

When setting a haul system, only primitive gear is allowed: prussiks, carabiners, and an ATC guide. This means no grigris or pulleys or anything of the sort. This is to make it fair for teams without access to this gear.

There will be prizes for the winning team!

If you wish to compete, sign up below, and form your teams. If I deem a team to be unfair, then I will mix them up a little bit.
QUT cliffhangers: Where you trust your life with someone you just met 15 minutes ago

tedj

Re: KP Hauling Competition - Wednesday 13th July

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:56 am

I don't know how to haul but shot being in Adam's team

Brencoulter

Re: KP Hauling Competition - Wednesday 13th July

Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:51 pm

tedj wrote:I don't know how to haul but shot being in Adam's team

Fairly sure Adam has been disqualified from KP Competitions for being too good, so no prizes for you :p
QUT cliffhangers: Where you trust your life with someone you just met 15 minutes ago

Return to Climbing Trips