Learning to sport climb

Just starting out, ticked something huge, or just found somewhere you need to climb
Jarrodk

Learning to sport climb

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Hey guys, I have been referred to these forums in my efforts to find a company that will teach myself and a mate the basics of sport lead climbing. We are both 24 and have been climbing at our local indoor gym on the Sunshine Coast, rockit for about 6 months now. We are keen to get outdoors and start lead climbing and have ordered all the gear. I am finding it difficult to find a company or guide that is happy to teach us apart from pinnacle which we just can't afford at this stage. I have spent the past 5 weeks trying to find someone and when I think something is organised it all seems to fall through, getting frustrating, it can't be that hard to learn the ropes? We are both climbing around 18 to 24 grade climbs indoors but not sure how that compares to real climbing. Can you guys please recommend a company or guide we can get in contact with to learn the basics as we are itching to get started. Even someone on the forums who would like to take us on board? We are more than happy to pay for your time and knowledge. Best way to contact me is my email or Facebook - jarrodking@ live.com.au. Thanks :)

hotgemini

Re: Learning to sport climb

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Hey Jarrod,

In your neck of the woods, I'd probably recommend you touch base with Ambor Collins, he's a top-notch bloke, safe and knowledgable climber and a well-experienced climbing instructor.

Find him on friendface at https://www.facebook.com/ambor.collins?

I'll zap you an email to the same effect.

-Adam.
Of the systems of government I've toyed with, I've come to realise I'm a believer in effortocracy. It gets most of the theoretical benefits of a meritocracy or technocracy, but shit actually gets done. - Adam Gibson 2013-03-01

Return to Climbing