Club Trophies - Golden Lens Cap, Pyramid and Boltplate!

Just starting out, ticked something huge, or just found somewhere you need to climb
TJ

Club Trophies - Golden Lens Cap, Pyramid and Boltplate!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 pm

The Golden Lens Cap Photography Competition:
Each month, the original photograph posted to the club's facebook timeline which receives the most likes will earn its photographer possession of the Golden Lens Cap, and a free meal at the Indian Kitchen!

Previous recipients:
Lauren R - March 2014
Dougal M - February 2014
Rhys P - January 2014
Manda R - December 2013
Tristan J - November 2013
Shawl C - October 2013
Steph T - September 2013

The Golden Pyramid Top Rope Guide Competition:
The newest minted Top Rope Guide in any month who presents their signed off logbook to the Skills Coordinator, will be declared the current holder of the Golden Pyramid trophy, until such time in a subsequent month that a newer Top Rope Guide displaces them.

The Golden Boltplate Rope Coiling Competition:
Each person who beats the ongoing record for rope coiling, as witnessed by two members of the executive, becomes the new holder of the Golden Boltplate and will receive a free meal at the Indian Kitchen (including naan!)

Rules:
Starting with the tail of a ~65m rope in one hand, coil the rope using the pre-flake method, adding one five second penalty for each loop missed.
Wrap the tail around the coil four times, fold it into the rope bag, do up all fasteners, and stop the clock as you shoulder the bag and raise up your arms above your head.
Only a rope bag of a spec equivalent to a club rope bag, and which is ordinarily inhabited by the rope may be used in competition.
Quartermasters may, at their discretion, add one five second penalty for a sloppy coil.

Current fastest times:
Ryan K- 01:26.1
Shawl S - 01:26.4
Brendan C - 01:33.5
Nathan J - 01:37.3
Michael H - 01:42.5
Steve C - 01:46.8
Steven J - 01:49.2
Carl S - 02:31.5
Diana A - 03:11.2

TJ

Re: Rope Coiling Comp - Current Champ: Shawl (01:26.4)

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 pm

To stir up some competition, from now on, each person who beats the ongoing record and becomes the new holder of the Golden Boltplate will receive a free meal at the Indian Kitchen (including naan!)

Nathan

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:01 pm

TJ wrote:To stir up some competition, from now on, each person who beats the ongoing record and becomes the new holder of the Golden Boltplate will receive a free meal at the Indian Kitchen (including naan!)

There better be some ropes for me to coil at KP tonight!

Charl

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:37 pm

I was just hanging out admiring my golden bot plate thinking about how awesome I am at coiling rope. Evening well spent.

Brencoulter

Re: Club Trophies - Golden Lens Cap, Pyramid and Boltplate!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm gonna toot my own horn here and brag about taking out the Golden Bolt Plate by 7 seconds! Dougal McLeod as my witness, as well as a video recording of the feat. Pretty sure I've also got a rope burn on my hands to confirm as well.
QUT cliffhangers: Where you trust your life with someone you just met 15 minutes ago

Return to Climbing